A Community-Wide Photo Happening - at ArtsRiot in Burlington
If you live in the Champlain Valley (full or part time) and love making photos, make photos for a living, as a serious passion, or as some say, to get your fix; we want to see your shots.
Submit up to five images, online, by email or by CD and we will select and print at least one and display it during a four week exhibition complete with an artists' reception at the ArtsRiot in Burlington, VT. Download this PDF brochure and send it to your photographer friends.
For this exhibit, three members of our local photography group, Art-in-Photography, will select at least one of your images for display. Juror's will be Polly Raine, Denise Johnson and Ken Signorello. Last year we displayed 130 images and we want to beat that this year.
This year we teamed up with the ArtsRiot at 420 Pine St, Burlington, VT. We housed the exhibition there for a total of four weeks with our reception and the Photo Slam itself on May 25th at 5:30 pm. We awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes from LeZot Camera, and we had a cache of door prizes.
|Exhibit Calendar (Subject to Change)|
|Exhibit Opens:||24 May 13|
|Artists' Reception:||25 May 13 17:30|
|Exhibit Closes:||23 June 13|
How to make a Submission
Submit your work Now
Invite a Photographer
In Association with
|Attack in Flight!|
|Dancing in Battery Park|
|Man and Machine|
|Berlin at Twilight|
|The Longhorn |
|Riding the Turn |
|Mama Asha Foundation Orphanage, Somalia|
|IDP Camp, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|IDP Camp, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|The Vineyard Cottage 11pm|
|Moon Rise over Mt. Mansfield|
|Sand Trees of Playa Hermosa|
|a dress of which is not my own|
|self portrait in bathroom.|
|kitchen still life|
|The boats at Back Lake|
|Island Bay Sky Wellington New Zealand|
|Sunset in the South of France|
|Eternal Spring in DC|
|Fairfield Swamp Sunset Paddle|
|Old Pines in Essex |
|National Museum of the American Indian|
|Where We First Met|
|Cayman Great Egret|
|House of Sticks|
|Burlington Fishing Pier|
|Ear of Corn|
|Young Men and Steel|
|Bright Side of the Moon|
|Bay Side Beach|
|Sunset over the Arches|
|Front Row Kaiso|
|One of the Ladies|
|Looking North on Champlain|
|Moose in Vermont|
|Snow on the Canyon|
|Start at those strings|
|Tunes on the edge|
|Sounds & Slabs|
|View From The Bathroom 2013|
|Sky and Cloud Fall 2010|
|Montreal Hotel Room 422|
|Apple Orchard in Bloom - Peru, NY|
|willow tree, pink sky|
|Late Night Henry's|
|Girl at the Charles/MGH|
|Jiggin Fer Trout|
|Yellow Jacket Trap|
|blue on blue|
- You must be a full or part time resident of the Champlain Valley (see towns listed below) .
- Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
- All levels of experience are welcome.
- We'll host a digital resizing workshop a few times before the event to help those not familier with the process.
- Submission deadline is Midnight April 24th, 2013. All entries must be received by April 24th, no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be hung in the ArtsRiot gallery for the duration of the exhibit, May 24-June 23.
- We'll host an opening reception on May 25th from 5-8 pm during VT Open Studio Weekend. Plan on it and bring your entourage for a fun photo party! Oh yeah, there will be audience determined prize (It's a SLAM) and door prizes.
- We'll also host a closing reception where you can pick up your prints, trade with other photographers and talk about your work on June 23rd.
- All entries must be submitted on-line, by email or CD via any delivery method as long as they arrive on time.
- Entries should be high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- We will be running mini workshops on image resizing, check the Slam web page for details.
- Final print sizes will be determined by the total number of entries selected. No entry will be printed at a resolution less than 150 DPI. For example An image 1280 x 1280 pixels can be printed at a maximum size of 8"x8".
- The entry fee is $20 for up to five entries and $10 for students or youths under 18 years old.
- If you submit via email, CD, or walk in, there is an additional $5 fee, so please submit on-line and save yourself $5 and us some time.
- Your entry fee covers the cost of printing your selected photo(s). All images will be printed by the Gallery.
- The entry fee can be paid online with a credit card by check, or cash.
- All selected entries will be printed on archive paper, displayed on our website, and at the ArtsRiot gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Photographers can offer their prints for sale, set their own prices and retain all rights to their photographs.