Essex Shoots: People & Places of Essex, VT
Artists' Reception scheduled for October 26th, 2019
An Exhibition of Photos of the Town Of Essex Including Essex Junction
Train Hop ©Ken Signorello
We asked for the submission of photos from the Town of Essex, including the Village of Essex Junction, for our first exhibition specifically of photos of the local area. Participating photographers could live anywhere, but the photos they entered had to be taken in Essex and Essex Junction.
The challenge was to picture what it is about Essex, the town, and Essex Junction, the village, that's unique, that stands out and makes this place feel like home. We were rewarded with an eclectic variety of images from photographers ranging in age from high school students to seniors. The resulting exhibition was a delightful and creative mix of photos ranging from casual shots captured with cell phones to more formal compositions made by skilled photographers using high-end equipment. Viewed together, the photos in the exhibition comprised a view into the varied lives and visions of this dynamic and ever-changing locale.
- You don't have to be a resident of Essex, but your photos must have been taken in Essex including Essex Junction
- Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
- All levels of photographic experience are welcome.
- Submission deadline is 11:59pm October 2, 2019. All entries must be received by the deadline; no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be displayed at Darkroom Gallery from October 18 to November 24, 2019
- All entries must be submitted on-line, by email or in person via any delivery method as long as they arrive on time.
- Entries should be submitted as high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- You may submit your own prints as long as they are no larger than 11x14 inches, or you can have us make prints for you at a cost of $10 for 8x10 or 8x12 luster prints
- Entry is free.
- All selected entries will be displayed on our website, as well as in the gallery
- There will be an artist's reception at the gallery and open to the public on Saturday, October 26 from 4pm to 6pm
- Photographers may pick up their work at the gallery on or after November 24.