Notice: Undefined variable: dateline in /home/vermont9/public_html/includes/exhibitsubtitle.php on line 52
Juror: Benjamin Von Wong
Magic that is channeled in a single shot, a recalibration of reality, be the clever and cunning illusionist behind the lens.
|Exhibit Calendar (Subject to Change)|
|Exhibit Opens:||2 May 13|
|Artists' Reception:||5 May 13 16:30|
|Exhibit Closes:||26 May 13|
|Trick of the Eye|
Exhibit Catalog now available at PrestoPhoto
Optical illusions conjured by a variance of processes; from physically meticulous studio setups, to spontaneously captured works of luck, and ones hugely composed in post. Manipulate our perceptions with flourish. Deal with foreshortening, vanishing points, sandwiching negatives or the unique mash up of subjects. Employ sleight of hand use of color and composition that begs us to ask the question,"How ever did they do that?"
All images should have a purpose - whether it is to tell a story, convey to the viewer an emotion, or to capture a moment of perfection. These are the things that speak to me and how I made my selection. It was a tough decision overall but I was happy to discover some great new works.
Thank you all :)
Benjamin Von Wong
|"1%". Paris. 2009|
|Obscenity in Pink|
|Parallels no. 13|
|Avenue de Verdun, 12. Nice, France. 2010|
|Pantheon. Rome. 2011|
|Seeing The Unseen|
|Guess I'm really not the type, that likes to say goodbye...|
|To Meet In Nightly Dreams...|
|The last time he said goodnight, was also his goodbye...|
|The Iceman Cometh|
|Deutsches Historisches Museum|
|For So Long|
|all the worlds a stage|
|Silver Swamp II|
|Moonlight on Miyuki|
|"The Dance of Hades"|
|Seattle Montage #8|
|Stairway To Heaven|
|Into The Void|
|The Moon Pours In|
|The Door on the Right|
|Out for a Ride|
|In Search of the Smith Building|
|Ocean Ova No. 9|
- All selected entries are exhibited in our gallery and included in a full color exhibit catalog.
- Juror's Choice receives a 30x48" vinyl exhibit banner featuring their image, free entry into a future exhibition, a free exhibition catalog and digital downloads of SLR Lounge Lightroom Workshop ($189) and SLR Lounge HDR DVD ($129).
- Honorable Mentions receive free exhibition catalogs and free entry in a future exhibition.
- People's Choice gains free entry into a future exhibit.
- We offer free matting and framing of accepted entries for the duration of each of our exhibition, subject to standard sizes. Photographers set their own prices if they wish to sell their work and retain all rights to their photographs.
Juror: Benjamin Von Wong
“Sounds Impossible, Let’s do it”
Coming from the Web 2.0 generation, Von Wong maximizes his utilization of the social networks to gather passionate individuals that volunteer to participate and collaborate in his projects. He has also launched his first international collaboration “Von Wong does Europe” crowd-funded by fans and friends with the help of numerous social networks. This project has allowed him to collaborate with a variety of artists throughout Europe such as Pyrotechnicians, Underwater film crews and Paraplegic Olympic athletes.
His photographs, articles, as well as many of his Behind the Scene photos and videos can be found on Facebook, flickr, 500px, Youtube as well as numerous social blogs such as DIYPhotography, Petapixel, Fstoppers, SlrLounge, Prophoto, B&H Photo.