DEADLINE October 2nd, 2019 23:59 EST
An Exhibition of Photos of the Town Of Essex Including Essex Junction
Train Hop ©Ken Signorello
We want to see photos of your Essex for an exhibition at Darkroom Gallery. What is it about Essex, the town, and Essex Junction, the village, that stand out in your mind, make them feel like home? Is it the fairgrounds, the big elm tree that marks the edge of Essex at Jericho or the old water tower on Route 15 where you first enter Essex when coming from Burlington? The park at Indian Brook? The Amtrak station? Or any one of the dozens of landmarks that dot the area? It's probably something more personal than that: the people you see every day in your neighborhood, the unique appearance of the street where you live, an especially attractive garden, dogs at play, children at play - the possibilities for photographic subjects are as endless as your vision and imagination.
There's no need to be an accomplished photographer or to have expensive equipment; your cellphone and your eyes are all that's necessary. Submit up to five images online, by email or drop them off at the gallery, 12 Main St. in Essex Junction. We'll select at least one and display it the gallery from October 18 to November 3. There's no cost to enter. You can provide your own print or have us make one for you for a nominal fee. All photos entered must be the work of the entrant with one exception: Images of Essex past. Historic photos of Essex including Essex Junction are very welcome regardless of who took them; we want to see and share them.
You don't have to be a resident of Essex, but your photos must have been taken in Essex including Essex Junction
Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
All levels of photographic experience are welcome.
Submission deadline is 11:59pm October 2nd, 2019. All entries must be received by the deadline; no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be displayed at Darkroom Gallery from October 12 to November 2, 2019
- All entries must be submitted on-line, by email or in person via any delivery method as long as they arrive on time.
- Entries should be submitted as high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- You may submit your own prints as long as they are no larger than 11x14 inches, or you can have us make prints for you at a cost of $10 for 8x10 or 8x12 luster prints
- Entry is free.
- All selected entries will be displayed on our website, as well as in the gallery
- There will be an artist's reception at the gallery and open to the public on Saturday, October 26 from 4pm to 6pm
- Photographers may pick up their work at the gallery on or after November 3.