DEADLINE September 25th, 2019 23:59 EST
A Photo Exhibition Open To All Residents Of The Town Of Essex And Essex Junction
|Juror's Choice: Four Giraffes by Bruce Berkow|
If you live in the town of Essex including the Village of Essex Junction we want to see . . . your Essex for a celebratory . . . exhibition at Darkroom Gallery.
What is it about Essex, the town, and Essex Junction, the Village, that stand out in your mind, make them feel like home? Is it the fairgrounds, the big elm tree that marks the edge of Essex at Jericho or the old water tower on Route 15 where you first enter Essex when coming from Burlington? The park at Indian Brook? The Amtrak station? Or any one of the dozens of landmarks that dot the area? It's probably something more personal than that: the people you see every day in your neighborhood, the unique appearance of the street where you live, an especially attractive garden, dogs at play, children at play - the possibilities for photographic subjects are as endless as your vision and imagination.
You don't have to be an accomplished photographer or have expensive equipment; your cellphone and your eyes are all you need. Submit up to five images online, by email or drop them off with an entry form. We'll select at least one and display it at our reception. There's no cost to enter. You can provide your own print or have us make one for you for a nominal fee. All photos entered must be the work of the entrant. One exception: images of Essex past . . . so if you have historic photos of Essex including Essex Junction we want to see and share them.
- You don't need to be a resident of Essex.
- Age doesn't matter. Minors will need a parent or guardian to submit their work.
- All levels of photographic experience are welcome.
- Submission deadline is 11:59pm October 2nd, 2019. All entries must be received by the deadline; no exceptions!
- All selected prints will be displayed at Darkroom Gallery from October 22 - nov 2nd
- All entries must be submitted on-line, by email or in operson entry form via any delivery method as long as they arrive on time.
- Entries should be submitted as high quality JPGs no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- You may submit your own prints as long as they are no larger than 11x14 inches, or you can have us make prints for you at a cost of $10 for 8x10 machine prints or $12 for 8x10 custom prints made at Darkroom Gallery
- Entry is free.
- All selected entries will be displayed on our website, as well as at the gallery