How to Make a Submission
Our submission process is fully automated. We allow email entries but there is an additional $5 fee for email entries.
For On-Line Submission:
- First, prepare your files for upload. Make sure they are jpg files, no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side, set to the highest quality, and file size < 2 megabytes. Click here for help with resizing. You can name them whatever you like but don't include spaces, special characters or your name in the file name. You will not be able to upload the same file name twice.
- Next register with DarkroomGallery.com. There is a register link under the login form to the left or click here. We ask detailed contact information so we can be sure that we can contact you in order to return prints sent proceeds from sales etc. Follow the account creation instructions. Spell your name and location as you would like it to appear on your gallery label if you are selected.
- Registration is a two step process requiring you to respond to an email you will receive. We depend heavily on correct email addresses so this step is critical to confirm your email address is valid. We don't share your information with anyone.
- Once you create your account, login. A new menu will appear where the login fields were. Click on Make/Change a Submission and follow the instructions on that form. Fee payment can be made at the end of the submission process through our secure gateway or through alternative payment methods. Entry fees can vary from exhibit to exhibit, but our standard rate is the first 5 images for $29 and each additional image is $5.
For Email Submissions
- Download the entry form - you can fill it in and save it or copy the text to an email message.
- Prepare your files for emailing. Make sure they are jpg files, no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side, set to the highest quality, and file size < 2 megabytes. Click here for help with resizing. You can name them whatever you like but all files names should be unique. Please don't include spaces, special characters or your name in the file name.
- Create an email message and attach the saved form or enter all the information requested on it into the body of the email.
- Attach your prepared images to the same email.
- You can pay through any of the alternative payment methods. Be sure to allow enough time for payment to arrive by the submission close date and time for your exhibit. Entry fees can vary from exhibit to exhibit, but our standard rate for email submissions is the first 5 images for $34 and each additional image is $6.
When submissions close for an exhibit all entries are submitted to that exhibit's juror anonymously so the juror will not know the name of the photographer. So please don't put your name in the file name.
Please do not attempt to contact the jurors. Doing so will disqualify your entry with no refund. Approximately 55 entries are chosen for display in the Darkroom Gallery. It is our goal to announce the selected entries within seven days of the submission close date. This will be by email and on DarkroomGallery.com.