Rules for Photo Submission
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old. If you are younger. you must have a parent or legal guardian make the submission for you.
- All submitted photos must have been taken by the photographer making the entry. If you are a parent or legal guardian submitting for a minor, please make it clear and who you are actually submitting for.
- Images may not have been exhibited at the Darkroom Gallery within the last year.
- All submissions must be made by digital files through:
- upload on DarkroomGallery.com or
- Images should be as large as possible but no larger than 1280 pixels on the longest side, type jpg - set to the highest quality. The color space should be set to sRGB. DPI is only relevant for output purposes and does not effect the stored size of the image. It can be set to any number, but if you must specify something go with 72 dpi. Click here for help with resizing.
- Up to five images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $29 US for on-line submission and $35 for email submission.
- Additional images may be submitted for an additional $6 US per image.
- Images must be received by midnight EST on the submission closing date for the exhibition you are submitting for
- Payment must be received by the close of submissions for the exhibit you are submitting for.
Photographers retain all rights to their work. Submissions accepted for exhibition: artists grant Darkroom Gallery the right to use their images to promote the exhibition and for display on Darkroom Gallery website and for inclusion in an exhibit catalog.
For submissions that are selected, photographers may offer their work for sale and establish their own price for framed and unframed prints.
- For Darkroom Gallery framed work we retain 66% of the sale price.
- For works framed by the artist Darkroom Gallery retains 34%.
- For unframed prints Darkroom Gallery retains 25% of the print sale price.
- Local sales tax of 6% is collected on all sales at the gallery.